Tuesday, May 5, 2009

my last day

so, just to give you a glimpse into how bitchtastic my boss is, not my REAL boss but the bitch ass woman who works in admin,

yesterday she told her assistant to tell me (can't even get off your ass to tell me personally? surprise, surprise) that i had to clean out my desk. bc it's not my desk anymore. (my last day is friday.) it's now my replacement's desk.

er, okay. can't even keep my tea here anymore. wow, you're really fighting to make my life hell right up to the minute on friday, aren't cha?


so then, they tell me that my training of my replacement is going to be here sitting at my desk, doing my job, and i have to watch her.

for eight hours.

for four days.


so i woke up this morning, dug deep into myself and said, do i really need this? want this? this bs? and when i say bs, i really do mean bullshit in big bright sparkly letters. bc it's not a nice way of having me train her. no, this is intentionally making my life SUCK for four full days bc 1, they don't want to deal with her, and 2, she wants to make me miserable.


so, once again, i woke up, looked at my husband, said good morning, and said, you know, i think today is my last day.

i'm going to tell that poor excuse of a human being at around 4pm that the new girl is trained, and i don't think the head honcho boss (who i actually like) wants to pay me to sit and stare at her all day. so, today will suck, but tomorrow?

tomorrow?


endless possibilities. how many times in your life can you actually say that and it's true?


i'm so thankful to be able to do this during this economy. i am so thankful to be able to stand up for myself and put my foot down and refuse to be manipulated any longer. i am just so flippin thankful.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YAYYAYAYAYA!!
i am sooooooo happy for you.

only hours left! you can dooooo it! :)

Linda said...

Be sure to tell the nice boss something nice. The Bitch can go sit & spin.
And about 4pm we will all hear a choir of angels sing "Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah Hallelujah Hally lu jah!"

THE Stephanie said...

You should totally, actually say, "Take this job and shove it!!" I've always wanted to say that!! :)

Anonymous said...

You go girly!!! Just imagine how you will feel tomorrow when you wake up and know that you don't have to deal with that place anymore!! YAY!!!! Have a glass of wine or 4 tonight!!

Jenn said...

Woo hooo!!!

You can do it!

And don't forget to say "peace out bitches" when you walk out that door for the LAST time.

Perfectly Unperfect said...

You are very lucky to be able to do that at this time in the economy.

You go girl!! Take a stand. Do what most of us can't do, tell our bosses to "suck it".

Not that I want to tell mine that, but I am sure that Spanky would like to tell his that.

You are very fortunate. You have put up with A LOT. You have earned your right say "adios....biatch!!!"

Good luck.

PS....does this mean more blog posts from ya????

mollie said...

Good for you! cant wait to hear about your day!

Twenty Four At Heart said...

Good for you!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

You go, girl! Snaps for you. Good luck tomorrow. I hope your endless possibilities turn out to be awesome!

Anonymous said...

Not only am I so impressed that you are standing up for yourself, but you are being SO optimistic about the future. Good job Lo!!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Just took Daughter #2 to the doctor for the 3rd time in over a month for her kidney infection. More antibiotics. This time for 6 weeks.