Friday, May 1, 2009

24 things you never wanted to know about me (..and i'm sorry.)

totally stole this from Undomestic Diva, a website i stalk read religiously. her aunt is the ever famous 24 at heart, who i will willingly say i stalk cuz duh, i totally love her in a totally non-sexual way. (even tho she may write about sex toys. just sayin.)

so, yet ANOTHER charming meme. cuz it's all about me, right?

right?

hello? bueller?

1. Did you date someone from your school senior year? uhm, well he had graduated two years before me from the same high school- does that count?

2. Did you marry someone from your high school? hells nah. i married a russian after i ran across the country after graduating.

3. Did you carpool to school? believe it or not, my boyfriend seriously picked me up every. single. day. and drove me to school before he went to his community college classes.

4. What kind of car did you drive? i didn't... i didn't get my license until i was 19 and living in Chi-town. crazy huh? my boyfriend drove me everywhere..... in a classic wood paneled station wagon. style, yo. we were all emo so it was cool at the time. retro.

5. What kind of car do you have now? 2004 lexus gs330.... it's a boat and i love it.

6. It's Friday night - where were you (in high school)? either at the movies or hanging out at a friends house with my boyfriend watching them play halo. ah, the days of halo...

7. It is Friday night - where are you (now)? er, at the movies, dinner or renting a movie and watching it at home with the husband, or across the parking lot watching my husband sing karaoke or play wii. yeah. not much's changed.

8. What kind of job did you have in high school? dude, i worked at domino's. i was a world-class pizza maker... and i totally sucked at it. although, i did make damn good dough balls that we would dip in sauce. also? garlic butter sauce? nuff said. i did always smell like food, tho.

9. What kind of job do you do now? well, for one more week i am a receptionist, administrative, and a personal assistant.... and then after that, i am free. but really, figuring out my next move into getting a real career goin'.

10. Were you a party animal? in high school? no. def not. i was actually kind of shy.

11. Were you considered a flirt? uhm, no. i had a boyfriend and i avoided most people at school.... high school and me didn't really mix real well.

12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? not in high school. i was in choir in junior high. that count? also i was in drama, dance and cheer....

13. Were you a nerd? no, i was the girl who walked around wearing converse and band tee shirts with black-frame glasses who always had her ear phones in when walking in between classes listening to music. i was the girl who was 'too cool for school'.

14. Did you get suspended or expelled? nope. i narrowly escaped it, a girl jumped me. yes. traumatic and i'd rather not think about all the hair she yanked from my scalp.

15. Can you sing the fight song? no. never really knew it. well, wait, oh.. my.. god... 'on a (soemthing) of rolling foothills, stands a building we adore... it's fallbrook union high school, one we'll love forever more! when we leave this school for greater, (something something something) we will not forget old fallbrook and the building we adore!

oh. snap.

16. Who was/were your favorite teacher(s)? didn't have one. they all sort of sucked.

17. Where did you sit during lunch? underneath the clocktower. that sounds like some song title, doesn't it?

18. If you could go back and do it again, would you? uhm, you know, if i could go back being the person i am now? i just might. but then again, i hated that place so much i ditched most of the time and had over 70 absent days. all excused. thanks, mom, for letting me stay home 'sick'. :) and btw, i totally graduated with something like a 3.5 or 3.8 gpa. so, don't judge.

19. Did you have fun at Prom? which one? i had the most fun when i went soph year with my gay friend. he wore spats. it rocked.

20. Do you still talk to your prom date? i don't talk to any of my school dance dates anymore.

21. What did you want to be when you grew up? an fbi agent, or a profiler.

22. Biggest fashion mistake? uhm..... wearing jeans that had a rainbow stripe down the side. yikes.

23. Favorite fashion trend? converse, both chucks and purcells. rock it old school yo. o and my dashboard confessional tees, which i have lost in my many moves... and my dickies messenger bag.

24. Are you going to your next reunion? uh, no. no, thanks, i'd rather not see all the airheads and vapid california idiots again.

sorry. the bitterness hasn't worn off yet. i think it will. eventually. maybe.


4 comments:

Twenty Four At Heart said...

I love you too! I hated high school SO much! I wouldn't go back ... and I've never gone to a reunion and have no plans to. Maybe I'll change my mind someday, but I doubt it! : )

Undomestic Diva said...

Thanks for the link back. And stalk away!

Erin Moore said...

I too, have no desire to reconnect to my HS peeps. Zero on the desire scale. Zip. Nitch. Nada. I didn't even use my maiden name on my FB page in hopes that none of them will track me down.

Crazy Charm said...

I love hearing about high school experiences! Hilarious and not at all what I wouldn't expected :)